In order to proceed, you must agree to the following:
Forum Terms & Rules:
Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.
The Selection has started! Queen Augustine has sent out invitations to all eligible noble women in the hopes that Prince Edmund might choose one to marry. Look out for parties and special events. The event will culminate in the annual Agathon Cinderella Ball.
season & skin change
It's now winter 1906/07. Look out for winter themed events and mini-events coming soon! Also we have a new skin courtesy of Abbi!
The Emeraude event, set summer 1906, is still open and there are still magical objects waiting to be found! Claim your item here.
We have 15 out of 23 new species spots open. Remember that you must have more than 5 active characters and 2 months of activity before you can app a species outside of the Bestiary. More rules can be found here.
1. Register with your character's first and last name in all caps. If your character has a title (king, queen, princess, etc.), please add it into the name when you register. Thanks to Jcink software, you can link multiple character accounts together. No member accounts (accounts with your alias) please!
2. Avatars are 250x400! Signatures should not stretch the board or be more than 450 pixels high. Gifs are allowed. Celebrity playbys are required. We allow our members to hold four playby reservations at a time. Please refrain from using any images that are a little too graphic (ie. nudity, excessive gore).
3. An unfinished application will not be moved for two weeks. After those two weeks, we will notify you and give you two days to tell us whether you need more time or want it archived.
4. 200 minimum word count, but more is always welcome. If you have trouble in matching this, try to think of details. Past tense, third-person POV (i.e. "He walked into the bar and sat down for a drink"). If you are going to be away, please post in our absence forum and let us know!
5. Avoid god-modding, meta-playing and common RP misconduct. For those that don't know, god-modding is controlling the other person's character without their permission and meta-playing is the player using knowledge they have that their character wouldn't have - for example, the character suddenly knowing that the other character is a vigilante or is afraid of snakes.
6. OOC harassment, disrespect and bullying are not tolerated, whether it is directed at staff or non-staff players. If there are any issues between members, please contact one of the staff privately. Keep it out of the cbox. Begging for posts, spamming and harassment can result in loss of privileges in the Cbox. Please remember there can be guests watching at any time. Do not gossip about or promote other sites in the cbox. Keep it friendly!
site specific rules
1.The land of Lairea is located on Earth, amongst the countries as they were circa 1906. A map is in progress and will be linked when available.
2. We accept fairy tale inspired characters but it is not required. However, if you decide to do this, get a little creative with it. It shouldn't have to be copy and paste versions of fairy tale characters.
3.Despite this being a historical site, we do not accept historical figures or real people. Please feel free to have characters inspired by or based upon a historical figure, but they do need to be different.
Blackberry Winter skin by Abbi. Sidebar coding by Abbi. Sidebar pills by Abbi using the CSS Bootstrap tutorial. Forum description coding by Abbi. Canon, Information template, & want ad coding by Alice.
Plot by Alice, Ziggy & Zily. Canons by Alice, Ziggy, Rily & Abbi except where noted.
Characters by their players. Glory & Gore Lyrics by Lorde.
Alice is the sassiest of the admins and a chronic binge poster. She can start and finish a fourteen post thread in a matter of hours. It's incredible to be a part of, let alone to witness. She's totally the mom who helps you turn your project from boring to enthralling while simultaneously being the mom who calls your bluff when you need it. Keep it down beans.
After being a member for about a year and a half, Abbi was promoted to admin, which was really inevitable. She plays an insane amount of characters and has a list for everything. She's basically your cool aunt who has the ridiculous life that you can't comprehend, and lbr, neither can she, but it's happening.
Rily is a princess. It is known. Seriously though, she is. No one has anything bad to say about Rily ever. Abbi had one complaint once, but then it was revealed that she had misunderstood what Rily has said and then it was retracted immediately. She's 100% your grandma who always has cookies and pets your hair and tells you how much she loves you.
Ziggy is basically the glue that holds everything together. She definitely also writes the most out of any of the admins. She's the other site mom, but like, the kind that patiently guides you and holds your hand until you're ready to face the scary thing on your own. You know she's always there behind you, supporting you and ready to help out.