DOROTHEA HAVENS
 Posted: May 12 2017, 10:13 PM
years old
Common Grounds
counselor
Logical
Fighter
about
Previously a governess in Thais, Dorothea began studying psychology to cure herself of her own trauma. Ultimately unsuccessful, she'd begun pursuing a career in counseling that has led her to become the Knight Academy's first counselor. Still scarred by her experience, she's been training herself like a soldier in case she's ever put in a tight spot again. She refuses to be helpless.
Lili Reinhart
EST
Skype, PM

Dorothea was virtually kicking herself since that orientation. She knew full well there was a chance she’d be getting introduced at the start of the year to the student body. She had a speech ready, a short one, just opening her door to them and saying she’s excited to be there. She said all the words, she heard the tone she’d practiced, but she almost tripped on the way back down the single step between the floor and the podium.

As much as it was an insignificant event, it was enough to make her nervous. What if the kids thought she was silly? She didn’t really know if she’d be able to meet their expectations there.

Dorothea had spent so much time moving into her housing that she didn’t really think about decorating her office. It was a few days till class actually started. She put her plaque at the door and began putting plants around the office, trying her best to make it look like it was full. She couldn’t believe she had neglected this part. She pulled out two pictures, one of her sister and parents and the other of her life in Emeraude. She pointed both towards her seat and then began pacing about, looking for something to do with the space.

She had a lot of space to cover and no decorations ready. Ultimately she decided the shape of the room was wrong. For a few minutes, she did her best to slide the desk before realizing it was too heavy and she was beginning to scratch the floor.

Bashfully, she did what she could, pacing around the room and trying to tell herself she could figure it out. When that proved useless, she started to feel a little down that she couldn’t move it by herself. She had been training so hard. Deciding to practice as she preached, she made herself ask for help rather than drop the effort. Outside the door, she hesitated as she realized she wouldn’t know whoever she asked for help since it was really her first day on campus but she tried anyway with the first adult she saw.

Excuse me,” she tried, "I’m so sorry to ask but can I get some help? I have to move my desk and it’s too heavy for me to move alone."

^
GIDEON BERTALAN
 Posted: May 15 2017, 08:18 PM
years old
about

"Of course." Gideon hadn't been doing anything besides heading down to the stables. Why the school had bothered to give him an office so far from the horses was beyond him. It wasn't as though he spent much time there, nor did any of his classes take place in one of the classrooms. Even his tests were conducted outside. He supposed it was a matter of the Academy treating him like any other professor, and until the professor of battle strategies retired, the office closest to the stables wouldn't be his own.

He entered the woman's office, moving to where she directed. It appeared that she was just moving into the place, the offices were only this empty when someone was moving in or leaving, and someone who was leaving wouldn't be moving a desk about.

"First day?" He asked, a friendly smile on his face. "I'm Gideon Bertalan, Professor of Equestrian Studies."

Once the desk was moved into the place that she seemed happy with, he took at step back, looking at the choice of placement and taking in the empty walls once more. "Most of the others get things for their offices from the spare room at the end of the hall." The spare room was filled with all sorts of abandoned things that were found in students and professors rooms when the school let out for the summer. Books, paintings, sun catchers. "I can show you if you'd like."

^
DOROTHEA HAVENS
 Posted: May 15 2017, 09:13 PM
years old
Common Grounds
counselor
Logical
Fighter
about
Previously a governess in Thais, Dorothea began studying psychology to cure herself of her own trauma. Ultimately unsuccessful, she'd begun pursuing a career in counseling that has led her to become the Knight Academy's first counselor. Still scarred by her experience, she's been training herself like a soldier in case she's ever put in a tight spot again. She refuses to be helpless.
Lili Reinhart
EST
Skype, PM

Dorothea grinned when the first person she asked accepted. For someone who was supposed to offer counsel, she was actually quite shy around people since she got this job. There was a lot of doubt going in her mind but she figured that was healthy since this was the first job she had of its kind. And besides, her job didn't really have a beginning.

"Dorothy," she introduced herself, offering a hand. She figured it would be fine to go by her first name with professors and staff, but she made a note that she would have to check with the headmistress before the year started. She didn't know if the kids would have to call her Ms. Havens or something. That would take some getting used to. "Counselor." Whatever that means, Dorothy and the headmistress both had to talk a lot about that. It was a confusing new title.

The desk's move was slight, and it didn't take long for the man to do it on his own which embarassed her a little because she couldn't do it. "Yes, actually," she agreed nervously. "I guess I didn't realize I'd get an office. Which is a pretty silly mistake. It's too empty to be inviting." Dorothea nearly sighed out when she heard about the spare room. She agreed immediately, relieved that this wasn't going to be something to obsess over all day. She had work to do and sitting in an empty office was just going to make her nervous.

Honestly, the room came right out of her dreams. "I don't even know where to start." Looking at the plants, she realized it'd take a few trips to get those back to her office. She needed to think bigger first. As she looked around, she took care to remember the professor was still in the room. "Well, it's a week until classes start. I know I'll be catching up but why do they ask the students and professors to come in so early?" she asked curiously. She had yet to memorize all the subjects let alone the professors. Thinking about everything she had to catch up on was a little unnerving. The school had so much history and she knew so very little about it. She wondered just how silly the professors would find her if she didn't catch up by the beginning of the year.

^
GIDEON BERTALAN
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 01:33 PM
years old
about

Gideon shrugged, not really knowing how to answer Dorothy’s question. “I suppose it’s to get settled in, especially for the first years. For most of them it’s their first time away from home and a bit overwhelming, so at least we have to be here in case they have questions or need help. For the older students, I would imagine it’s so they can catch up with one another so when classes do start they can focus.”

Not that he had to deal with unfocused students. Or at least not for very long. Students who weren’t paying attention around the horses tended to wind up in the hospital wing before long, and he found that those students rarely made the same mistake twice.

He had turned away from her, rummaging for the dolly that the staff used to help clear out the rooms at the end of term. Pulling it out from under a pile of boxes, he wheeled it over to her. “This should save you from making unnecessary trips, and if you need any help, I don’t have an office to set up.” He smiled, then realized how it sounded and felt the need to clarify. “I mean, I have an office...I just don’t use it, so there isn’t anything in there for me to set up.”

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

AFFILIATES
Storybrooke Olympus Has Fallen le Rois Soleil Candyland Couture PRAESIDIUM.
Twilight Moments ACTA Riverdale
Star Wars: The Saga Continues Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU Songs Remain The Same Shadowplay Topsites A marvel infinity war rp RoyalsandRebels /></a> 

</td></tr></table></div></center>

<!-- Copyright Information -->

<div align=