LYDIA CABOT
 Posted: Nov 18 2017, 01:43 PM
years old
ROUX
coven leader
strong
innovative
about
Thrust into the position as the public woodswitch at 14, Lydia had to rise to the challenge of running the Cabot coven. Since the war, she's begun changing some of the fundamentals of the Cabot ways, but she believes it's for the best. She learned rapidly that she needs to stick with every decision she makes, even if it's wrong, if she's going to command the respect of the other Cabots in these trying times.
gal gadot
EST

There were responsibilities that came along with being the woodswitch. People to help, questions to answer, a coven to run. She had to make money somehow to help the less fortunate, both within and without the coven. She needed to carefully erase memories when people discovered that she was the one behind the black lace veil. She had to ensure that enough of the word got out that there were those who could seek her out and find her for help, but she also had to make sure that there weren't too many concrete details should someone seek revenge or the law come to look for her. All in all, it was exhausting, and even though she had been the woodswitch since she was fourteen, and she had been in training since before that, she still always felt as though she could be doing something differently to make it easier on herself.

Her coven, though she was the leader, was not terribly fond of changes. The fits that had been pitched when she had allowed the sons of Cabot women into the coven had been extraordinary. She had nearly split the coven into two over the decision, but thankfully the others had relented, though they still only had one male member, Evan Lowell and his familiar Cedric. That too had been a fiasco in itself. Familiars had been expressly forbidden by the Cabot coven for centuries, believing that it was secretive magic like that that would lead to the downfall of the coven, that familiars were too easy to trace, that the magic used to create the bond was forever lost...that the woodswitch did not need a being out in the world that was susceptible to being hurt because of them. They had flung so many reasons at her hoping one would stick, and she had had to placate them. No one would have to take a familiar should they not want to, mothers could decide for their children until their child came of skill to do the ceremony on their own, and she had had to promise she would never take one, nor would any of her successors.

It wasn't as though she had ever thought of taking one anyways, and that was something that could be negotiated by future generations if her successors wanted to change those rules. The point was that the rules could be changed, and they were changing.

It was a start and for Lydia, right now, that was enough.

Walking down by the river that wound its way lazily through the capital, she slowly strolled by the shop windows, looking at the wares within. It was the longer way home, but it was calm and quiet, especially at this early hour of the day. Nothing was quite open yet and the newly risen sun was shimmering on the water like diamonds. The smell of bread baking wafted through the air, tempting her to bring some back with her, but that would mean leaving the Valencian shopping district, and she wanted to stay a while longer away from the parts of the city that were already awake and busy.

With so much of her life wrapped up in helping others and taking care of others, it was necessary for her to have these moments just for her own satisfaction and with no responsibilities hanging in the balance. She had spent the entirety of the previous night working a potion that could only be brewed under the light of the Wolf Moon for the mother of an extremely ill child who had come to her for help. Well the mother had come to the woodswitch. While she was the woodswitch, it was true, what Nessalyn had taught her all of those years ago, the woodswitch was a person in her own right, a person separate from herself. Lydia was the current woodswitch, but the woodswitch was never Lydia.

She frowned every time she thought of the distinction, almost like a reflex. There were things she had done as the woodswitch that she found morally reprehensible, and yet in the moment she had done them without thinking. She had cursed objects and people, doing whatever was asked of her without looking for proof or reasons or even asking any questions. She took the money and she gave the magic. It didn't even feel like it was her magic sometimes. It was as though the woodswitch was a being of its own accord that lived in the cabin and it simply needed a vessel to work through.

Of course that was nonsense...when she had told Nessalyn of how she was feeling the older witch had told her as much. Still, with Nessalyn's disappearance, and the time she had spent as the woodswitch on her own with no guidance and especially when she was younger, she couldn't shake the feeling that it was more than just the title and the role in her coven.

^
CHEVALIER COLE KENHELM
 Posted: Nov 20 2017, 10:43 AM
years old
Roux
guard and spy
moral
meticulous
about
Cole is Prince Baldric's royal guard though he also works for Queen Augustine as a spy. He's in love with Baldric and has no idea how to let it go and move on.
The Monacle- an eyeglass that let's you see through solid matter.
Ben Barnes
est
pm

just like magic
Magic could be so tedious sometimes. He preferred a straight fight to the sneaking and the cheating of magic yet he used it in his everyday life like a proper hypocrite. Yet how tumultuous and unreliable it was. He'd had the monocle for many years now using it for this mission or that. Though it could get a bit foggy at times it usually worked to the degree he needed it to work. Not today though. Today the blasted charmed object had decided to shut down altogether without any explanation. He'd taken it to the experts in Ambrose and they seemed stumped by the object's sudden magical fit. The only solution they offered him was to give it a break and hope it came back on its own.

That just was not good enough for Cole. He had work to do and though he may not foreseeably needed the monocle having a broken tool with him all day was going to bother him. So he'd taken to the streets of Roux on his break trying to find a solution. There were more than enough magical shops around. surely some witch somewhere would know how to restart the thing. Most shops weren't open yet seeing as how any normal person would be eating breakfast right about now. Plopping himself down in front of the first witchy storefront he could find he lit a cigarette to calm his nerves.

It was a disgusting habit, he was well aware, but the season was cold and getting colder still. The smoke warmed him and also helped him keep calm. He assumed it was something about the breathing of it, deep and long, but most likely there was something in the smoke to help ease his troubled mind. Cole was not going to question it. He had no one to answer to as long as Badric did not catch him. Taking out the monocle he examined it. There was no crack or scratch on it. He had read somewhere damaged magical items tended to be more faulty yet the glasswear seemed perfectly fine to him.

Holding it up to his eye to see if anything could be seen he was surprised when very clearly he could see a dark haired woman through it. He moved the monocle from side to side watching it darken as he got farther away from the woman and clear up when he put her back in focus. He did not understand it but this was his first clue in days and gods be damned he was going to follow it. Jumping to his feet he made his way over to the woman. Clearing his throat he caught her attention, "Excuse me, miss, but could I trouble you for a moment of your time? I don't mean to alarm you in any way but I think you might be the only person that could help me with this." Handing over the monocle he watched her curiously. Why had the monocle taken a liking to her? When he'd pointed it at her it acted like any normal eyewear. Usually the monocle revealed something about the person it focused on. He hoped this would be a quick and cheap fix or else he'd be late to his shift.

^
LYDIA CABOT
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 06:54 PM
years old
ROUX
coven leader
strong
innovative
about
Thrust into the position as the public woodswitch at 14, Lydia had to rise to the challenge of running the Cabot coven. Since the war, she's begun changing some of the fundamentals of the Cabot ways, but she believes it's for the best. She learned rapidly that she needs to stick with every decision she makes, even if it's wrong, if she's going to command the respect of the other Cabots in these trying times.
gal gadot
EST

Lydia couldn't help but to tilt her head in curiosity at the man who approached her on the silent streets. Why would he assume such a thing was alarming? Perhaps it was to others? For Lydia having a stranger ask for help was the most natural thing in the world, though it did feel a bit odd without being in the cabin and wearing her veil. She took the object proffered to her without hesitation, turning it over carefully with her gloved hands.

It looked like common eye wear, a circle of glass framed in aluminum, like hundreds of others in the city purchased by those who couldn't afford a frame of more expensive metals. The glass seemed like ordinary glass. The frame wasn't ornate. The chain was short, but it wasn't as though that was strange. The length of the chain depended on the pocket in which one kept the thing. It wasn't until she held it up to look through it that her forehead wrinkled in her confusion.

"I don't understand." She said, turning her gaze to the man who had handed her the object. "I'm uncertain of how I can help you with this. Unless this is some sort of antiquity..." Lydia had put emphasis on the word 'antiquity', pronouncing each syllable deliberately. In the days when they had had to hide even more of their community, it was the subtle difference between antique and antiquity shops that provided a clue as to the nature of the owners and items within. While Roux may have been more open to magic than Samavia, it was still not best to advertise connections to it and old habits died hard.

^
CHEVALIER COLE KENHELM
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 02:52 PM
years old
Roux
guard and spy
moral
meticulous
about
Cole is Prince Baldric's royal guard though he also works for Queen Augustine as a spy. He's in love with Baldric and has no idea how to let it go and move on.
The Monacle- an eyeglass that let's you see through solid matter.
Ben Barnes
est
pm

just like magic
He was also unsure of how she could help him with it or of how to explain the problem in the first place. Taking the monocle back in his hands he figured showing her would be the best bet, "it's charmed, you see, to let the wearer see through solid matter." He moved slightly behind her so they could both see through the monocle, "you see how its dark and shows nothing? Well, when I pointed it at you it cleared." He blushed slightly noticing how weird it all sounded. He thought about explaining that he had just been pointing it at the marketplace and not her in particular when he discovered the effect she had on the object but bit his tongue. Sometimes it was best to accept that he sounded like an idiot on most days.

Facing her again he held the monocle over her hand and instantly it cleared to show the details of it, "see? It seems to only have eyes for you at the moment." He had to admit as annoying as the monocle was being it had good taste. She was a particularly beautiful woman. Hw wondered if someone had messed with the charmed object to make him have a conversation with a pretty person. The people he knew weren't [i]above[i/] such shenanigans. If so they were probably about having a laugh at his current predicament. He looked about as carefully as he could but he did not notice anything or anyone out of sort.

"I'm Cole by the way," he said, extending a hand to her, "and I can understand if you are too busy to help me. I have, after all, rather accosted you in the marketplace. I hadn't seen it react to anyone till now though so I thought it was worth asking." He hoped she wasn't offended by him. He wasn't all too sure if the tables were turned if he would believe the story he was weaving. He hoped she would see he was being sincere.

Still, the more he spoke the more he realized it sounded like a pick up ploy.

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Storybrooke Olympus Has Fallen le Rois Soleil Candyland Couture
PRAESIDIUM. Twilight Moments ACTA Songs Remain The Same Shadowplay Topsites RoyalsandRebels /></a>

</td></tr></table></div></center>

<!-- Copyright Information -->

<div align=