Common Grounds
Location scout
Lacking
Believer
about
Aneurin Barnard
GMT

I can stare for a thousand years
The walk had been longer than Yves had expected. He supposed in a strange way it must have been a good thing, the estate and house was looking progressively bigger the closer he got towards it. It was a crisp winter day, snow a good few inches off the ground and icicles hanging from low-laying branches. Despite the cold weather, Yves was still wearing his trademark knickerbockers (wool, of course), long warm socks and a thick jumper under a thicker blazer and a wide scarf, topped off with his beret which his friends had made a point of saying that he wasn't in France anymore, it looked out of place. Maybe it did, but Yves didn't particularly care, dark curls bouncing happily with each step he took.

It may have been the Winter, and similar to French winters, but even Yves couldn't help but admire that Lairea had a certain magical quality in the air. The way the snow crunched with a more-than-pleasant crunch underfoot, or the slightest shimmering twinkle of ice in the air. Something made if feel all the brighter, all the crisper, and it gave the young Frenchman a sense of vigour as he went about his business. He had seen the place while passing by to another location, hurried along on a train to the edge of Roux. The place near Roux had been nice, but it wasn't quite what he was looking for. This, however, this was exactly what he was looking for.

It seemed to be a large mansion with a gothic-like look to its architecture. Dark and threatening, gloomy and foreboding, even under the thick, twinkling snow. The windows seeming to give the house an almost human-like quality to it. It was beautiufl and terrifying and Yves was eager to see it up close. When he finally arrived to the edge of the estate, he was met with a tall wrought iron fence all around it, of which he followed until he met some even larger, more forboding gates. If Yves didn't know any better, he half-suspected the owners of the estate might be vampires in and of themselves with how utterly perfect their home seemed to be. Of course, calling someone a vampire might not go down well to getting them to be willing to let a film crew trapse about their home, so Yves decided it was best to keep such thoughts to himself.

Without a guard on the gate, Yves decided it was best to let himself through until he came across someone. Perhaps one of the owners, or more likely a servant. He began walking up the main walkway towards the front of the house. Wide eyes admiring the architecture up close, a beaming smile upon his face. It was here, where he caught sight of a young man, blonde and very serious looking, to whom Yves smiled to and offered a wave, walking up to him brightly and proudly, without so much as a care in the world.

"Bonjour!" he said brightly, in his thick French accent, "My name is Yves Monette. Is this your house? It is quite perfect."

aeron at thq
^
CEDRIC FAIRCHILD
 Posted: Nov 6 2017, 03:05 PM
about

what in the world
Sparing was an important part of keeping his form ready for any and all attacks. A knight was nothing if he wasn't sprightly. Making the best out of the very worst situation Cedric found himself building a training course in the outskirts of the Grandville estate. Out here no one would dare to come snooping so he could do what he wanted when he wanted. The Grandvilles would assume he was keeping an eye on the perimeter of their home and he was happy to let them think that. To his surprise, the obstacle course was coming along very nicely.

He'd never been a very crafty person before but he supposed it was as Headmistress Grimaldi always said, when necessity calls ingenuity listens. Having working from the first signs of light in the morning to mid afternoon as it was now without much a break Cedric was sure he was starting to get delusions of grandeur when he spotted the strange sight before him. He put down his hammer and gawked as the stranger approached ever closer looking more and more like some magazine dream. At least he'd only seen the kinds of fashions the stranger was sporting on the covers of foreign magazines anyway. He'd always thought it was all high fashion fiction...he'd never thought anyone would actually wear those silly balloon pants.

Yet here the proof was right before him that fashion was in fact, outrageous, "You must be lost. Town is about three and a half miles that way," he said pointing in the exact cardinal direction, "This, this isn't my house. I'm a person with a hammer in my hands people that live in houses like this don't even know what hammers are let alone use them. He gave a casual glance towards the Grandville estate. 'Perfect' was not the word he would ever use to describe it. The estate was still fine he supposed but it had a dark sense about it that made it extremely uninviting to other people.

Apparently not this guy though. Cedric drank in his little lopsided hat, his wide scarf and of course his balloon pants. "You are not from around here, are you?"

^
YVES MONETTE
 Posted: Nov 7 2017, 06:22 AM
years old
Common Grounds
Location scout
Lacking
Believer
about
Aneurin Barnard
GMT

”Is it the accent that gives it away?” Yves replied with a teasing grin, tilting his head lightly at the handsome boy with the golden hair. He hadn’t clocked that he was being stared at because of his appearance. He had to admit, Lairean fashions were a little more outdated than he would have suspected, but then again, Lairea was supposedly old fashioned in a lot of things. Yves also suspected the rest of the world hadn’t yet caught up with the concept of Parisian haute couture.

Taking a few steps closer towards the boy and the… thing he was building, Yves continued to smile his bright sunshine smile. ”What are you building?” he asked curiously, looking over the construction, dark curls loosely shifting with the movement. He then realised that although he introduced himself, he didn’t know who the golden haired boy was. ”It's nice to meet you” he said politely, stepping a little closer still, holding his hand out towards him.

Yves then glanced over his shoulder back towards the house, giving a small, happy sigh. ”Can I speak to the owners of the house? It is just perfect for what we need. ”

aeron at thq

^
CEDRIC FAIRCHILD
 Posted: Nov 22 2017, 09:21 AM
about

what in the world
He was funny, this stranger, and brave. Despite being so obviously odd he seemed to stride with confidence. That was one way to approach things. Most people tended to blend in as much as possible to avoid standing out in Lairea. It was never an easy thing to be an immigrant here. Yet here this boy was in his balloon pants and his little tilted hat breaking that stereotype. He had to be rich or something, Cedric figured, to not be afraid of the consequences of his bravery. He did not think Laireans would attack because of silly pants but they would certainly stare. You made yourself a target when you stand out like that.

"It took me a moment to place your accent really," he lied, trying his best not to stare at the ensemble but failing rather miserably, "but the clothes did not leave me many options." Coming off his construction he wiped his hands on his pants though most of the grit of construction did not wipe off, "I am building an obstacle course. It's for the purpose of training." He left it at that. Even foreigners tended to gawk at him when they found out he was a page at the knight academy. He preferred to do the gawking than to get gawked at.

Shaking the man's hand, "I'm Cedric Fairchild, I am a ward of this household. The owners are the Grandville family and they hate uninvited guests. I think your best approach is to send them a letter. It all depends on what you want though. I can save you some trouble in letting you know they very rarely let anyone inside." He was not trying to scare the stranger away it was simply the truth. not even the postman ever made his way inside the estate.

Glancing over at the decrepit estate he frowned, "perfect for what?"

^
YVES MONETTE
 Posted: Dec 25 2017, 06:31 PM
years old
Common Grounds
Location scout
Lacking
Believer
about
Aneurin Barnard
GMT

An obstacle course. A ward of the household. How very curious. Yves beamed at the handsome young man as they shook hands, and he couldn't help but find himself more than eager to let himself momentarily fall into those bright blue eyes. He wondered if Cedric Fairchild acted. Though Yves supposed if he was in the middle of building an obstacle course, perhaps not. Which was a shame. Maybe all he needed was a bit of coaxing. Because those big blue eyes would look like sparkling diamonds in black and white, captured pristine and perfect on film. It would take little persuading of his fellow filmmakers he suspected.

But, the fact of the matter was, Yves Monette was not here for Cedric Fairchild (shame) and instead returned his attention back to the house, his smile widening and a certain excited buzzing seeming to emanate from him eagerly. "Un film! Le cinéma!" he said with a dramatic flair of his hand, dark curls bobbing with the action. "We need a location for our film, you see? And this is just perfect. If possible, I would much rather speak to the Grainvilles was it?" He made a note on his clipboard, "Than a letter. I feel it is much better to speak in person for these sort of things, non?"

Cinema was a new artform he supposed, and some people simply weren't used to the idea of handing out their home to a bunch of strangers trapsing about with all sorts of equipment. But that was part of Yves job now, wasn't it? Find a suitable location for the film, persuade the owners to let them use it for a set and then bring everything in to film, film, film! Patrice and the others all had it in their heads that the film wouldn't be anything without them, but as far as Yves was concerned, with no location and no set, there wouldn't be any place to film, so then where would they be?! No no, it would be nothing without him, that was for sure.

aeron at thq

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Storybrooke Olympus Has Fallen le Rois Soleil Candyland Couture
PRAESIDIUM. Twilight Moments ACTA Songs Remain The Same Shadowplay Topsites RoyalsandRebels /></a>

</td></tr></table></div></center>

<!-- Copyright Information -->

<div align=