Rayna Cooper (Jess)
 Posted: Apr 17 2017, 11:28 PM
years old
Alianor
Army Lieutenant
brave
slightly violent
about
army lieutenant Rayna Cooper is a courageous woman, albeit, slightly violent. Though she is often looked down upon as both a human and a woman, her skill and determination are often what lead people to giving her respect, and in return, gaining it back from her. She's loyal to a fault, and unforgiving of betrayal. And she really, really enjoys proving people wrong.
Crystal Reed
eastern
PM

good people are like candles
they burn themselves up to give others light

Generally, Rayna avoided the local bars.

This was not to say she hated them, on the contrary, she quite enjoyed the idea of gathering with a group of people intending to drink until they were bleary-eyed and stumbling. She often went there with her comrades in arms, if only to watch them consume twice as much as they could handle, just to impress their lieutenant, who instead of being impressed got blackmail material that would last ages from there on. It was when she was alone, that the circumstances were different. When she was with her comrades, she could forget about the stares of the average conservative man, who believed a woman had no place in a bar if she were not working in it.

Still, after a long days work, training new recruits and doing her own daily workout and training sessions, Rayna craved a drink. Of course, she wasn't stupid enough to get drunk, not in a bar as run down and filled with barbarians as this one. All she wanted was one glass of a good whiskey and not to be looked at like she was the epitome of a disgrace by men who were spending their time getting drunk until their organs cried for salvation and doing absolutely nothing with their lives.

"No company today, Lieutenant?" The bar tender asked her with a smile as he poured her a glass of whiskey. Ah, perhaps she came in here a little too often nowadays, or maybe she was just on the same routine too often. Still, those working in the bar seemed to respect her more than the other occupants of the bar. At least she had that.

"Not today. I just really needed a drink. Long days work. I think I deserve it." Rayna told him, and the bar tender nodded in understanding, simply pushing the glass towards Rayna, and took the money Rayna set out on the table to pay for the beverage. Before he left, Rayna simply lifted her glass, and cheered to the bartender, rolling her eyes when the gesture was ignored. Instead of saying anything, the woman simply sighed, taking her drink in hand, and taking small sips of her beverage, finding some semblance of peace within the bar, despite not being among her comrades like usual.

+ tagryker/alice
+ notesthis is crap. but i'm crap at starters. I just sort of winged this, so let me know if there's anything wrong. <3
BY MITZI
^
CAPTAIN RYKER ANDERSON
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 12:40 AM
years old
Alianor
guest professor
genius
bored
about
Ryker left an emotionally abusive home to pursue his dream of becoming a general in the army. That dream, however, got diverted when he realized he most enjoyed rescuing prisoners of war. Rising to become a Captain before the war ended, he occasionally teaches Combat Studies at the Academy. Being a genius (and cocky as hell), as much as he does boast himself, Ryker really does care more about other people than he does himself, he just has so few people to care about since he gets bored very easily. Most people assume he's just very conceited.
Bradley James
ESt
Skype, PM

Ryker walked proudly without basis on his way to the pub. He was hungover, tired, and a little regretful but truthfully he'd had fun last night drinking himself under the table with Abacus. He'd lost a bet in exchange for picking up the bar tab and he learned quickly that Abacus drank like a fish. It didn't take them much to build up a tab so hefty that it was by mere grace that the bartender had taken his word for promising to bring back the money he owed.

He supposed it came with the title. It was unlikely as a Captain that he'd just cheat a local bartender, especially not with the many men in the bar that stood witness to just how sloppy he'd gotten. He smiled to himself.

Entering the bar, he expected (or at least hoped) it'd be relatively empty. For one, he wasn't looking forward to a loud bustling establishment when he was feeling like anything loud would actually kill his ears. Additionally, people drinking this early in the night tended to be a little more longfaced.

With that on his mind, he was startled to see Rayna there. They hadn't really run into each other in a while. What with his travelling and avoiding asking questions about her plans, it didn't seem like they had the luck to see each other much. He was debating avoiding her sight when the bartender called out to him laughing. Ryker smiled immediately on eye contact with the man.

"You look different sober," the bartender joked.

"Don't remind me of that now," he joked back. "Here's the full tab." Ryker handed over a wrapped enveloped with the money inside. He really didn't think Abacus could get a date with all three girls at the bar, clearly all friends but he'd managed it somehow. Abacus literally defied all logic and it made Ryker feel normal to be wrong all the time around him so he appreciated the sobering. That is, he could do without the headache. "I lost a bet, I didn't think it'd cost me nearly that much though."

"You did your fair share of drinking," the bartender muttered before walking away, counting the money and taking it to the back. Trying his best to pretend Rayna wasn't around to hear all of that. He tried not to make a huge deal of running into her. Hopefully she wouldn't think anything of it. He didn't understand why he felt nervous about saying anything now, but he recalled he was always bad at talking to anyone.

He didn't even find it in himself to say hello, he was always terrible at remembering to start with pleasantries. "Bad day?" he asked, nodding to her glass.

That was awfully nosy, though, he felt. Trying to regain the moment, he tried to change his tune. "I haven't seen you in a while. What have you been up to?" Oh gods, that sounded even nosier. What was he thinking?

^
Rayna Cooper (Jess)
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 10:37 PM
years old
Alianor
Army Lieutenant
brave
slightly violent
about
army lieutenant Rayna Cooper is a courageous woman, albeit, slightly violent. Though she is often looked down upon as both a human and a woman, her skill and determination are often what lead people to giving her respect, and in return, gaining it back from her. She's loyal to a fault, and unforgiving of betrayal. And she really, really enjoys proving people wrong.
Crystal Reed
eastern
PM

Rayna really wished she could say she wasn't surprised to see Ryker.

When he'd first walked in the bar, Rayna hadn't recognized him. Not at first. He was just one of the many faces she'd seen during the war, and after, well, she hadn't bothered to look back on her time as a chef. She never was one to look back on a past of a bitter person, and rather looked towards the future where she wanted to be. It's how she'd gotten her position after all, wasn't it? Still, hearing his voice sparked up memories of a time, back when she was bitter about her low position, and cursing the entire male species about their thoughts of superiority over women. Of course, with that mindset, she hadn't been the kindest to Ryker when they met, but they had made their amends and moved on with their lives.

She waited until the bartender was gone before she even thought about saying anything to the man, her eyebrows raised at the conversation that had just gone between the two. Apparently, Ryker had an eventful night, and was now stuck with a ridiculously expensive tab. Serves him right for gambling.

Rayna went to make a comment about it, but instead, Ryker spoke first. Honestly, she was glad he'd done so. Rayna didn't want to come off rude to him, and usually, that was how most of her conversation starters went: Rayna just insulting someone involuntarily. "Bad day? More like long one. Though with the conversation I just overheard, I assume my day is going much better than your's." Rayna said in reply, though a smile spread on her face to show him there was no unfriendliness in her words.

"It has been quite a long time, hasn't it?" Rayna agreed with him, nodding slightly. She tried to pinpoint the last time she'd seen him. It had to be before her promotion, as it had been so close to the end of the war. "I...haven't been up to much admittedly. I'm not quite sure if you received word, which I'm sure you have, considering your own promotion, I'm no longer working the kitchens." She told him with a nod. It was obvious she was no longer doing so. Back when she was working the kitchens in the war, Rayna was bitter. Very bitter. She scowled and never smiled. She was miserable and angry because she felt she'd gotten a bad end of a deal. Now, with Rayna's promotion, her ability to be respected as a skilled soldier, Rayna was much happier. It was written on her face, and she was certain anyone who had known her during the war would notice the difference, even if they had met her just in passing.

"And you? What have you been doing since we last met?" Rayna was genuinely curious. It was hard to find people she'd seen during the war. Especially soldiers. Many had died, those that survived weren't really too keen on being reminded of the events that left them with severe trauma, and many still found Rayna's violent display with the cleaver terrifying and unladylike, leaving them fearful and hesitant to hold a conversation.

+ tagryker/alice
+ notesthis is crap. again, let me know if you spot anything wrong. I wrote this in like, 20 minutes so it's probably not very good.
BY MITZI
^
CAPTAIN RYKER ANDERSON
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 11:18 PM
years old
Alianor
guest professor
genius
bored
about
Ryker left an emotionally abusive home to pursue his dream of becoming a general in the army. That dream, however, got diverted when he realized he most enjoyed rescuing prisoners of war. Rising to become a Captain before the war ended, he occasionally teaches Combat Studies at the Academy. Being a genius (and cocky as hell), as much as he does boast himself, Ryker really does care more about other people than he does himself, he just has so few people to care about since he gets bored very easily. Most people assume he's just very conceited.
Bradley James
ESt
Skype, PM

"You'd be surprised," he joked back at Rayna, smiling. "I can't stand the sight of the sun and it's already too loud in here for me, but I had a decent night." He really did. He had never felt so little regret the morning after drinking himself silly but he supposed it was worth it. It was good to have a night off from any official work he was doing. Being a man in privilege of title was awfully boring, and lonely honestly. Ryker didn't intend to spend the rest of his life around other soldiers of his caliber and he didn't have a home to go back to after the war ended, so it'd been many years now of just trying to find a place to exist that didn't make him feel like he was waiting for the next pointless dinner with the same scarred people he'd spent the years of the war around. "Besides, the money doesn't mean much if I'm honest."

He hoped he didn't sound too cold in saying so. He didn't think he was belittling anyone, he just didn't have much to spend money on so he usually didn't know what to do with it. Saving it the way he did, spending it on binge drinking didn't feel like a waste enough for him to be worried. And that bet was hilarious, so it was worth it.

"For the best, I'm sure," Ryker answered when she mentioned her promotion. He was never one to be honest, so instead he joked. "I'd never seen you fight but it couldn't possibly be worse than your cooking." Tracking back, he realized he should have started with a serious compliment. He really was so happy for her. There was never any use in wasting talent. And with the story behind her promotion, she certainly deserved it. "I was happy to hear about your promotion. The other captains wouldn't really stop talking about it if I'm honest. Good work." He didn't feel like mentioning her story, since he was sure a good set of people must mention it to her all the time. Stories like those get understood as entertaining and then become a work of storytelling rather than part of a person's history. Rayna deserved respect, not laughs.

"A whole lot of nothing, if I'm honest," he answered. "The trouble with war is of course no one wants it, but when you're a soldier you're basically an early retiree without a war. The most they'll ever find you is work training more soldiers for their own whole lot of nothing, attending fundraisers, going to dinners to pat yourself on the back. I liked the break for a whole of two months but I've been bored ever since. Not that I'd ever ask for the other alternative." As much as he wanted to feel useful again, he'd never wish another war on any part of Lairea. War itself was senseless, whatever respect came with the titles. "How's the peace been treating you?"

^
Rayna Cooper (Jess)
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 09:42 PM
years old
Alianor
Army Lieutenant
brave
slightly violent
about
Crystal Reed
eastern
PM

The thing about hangovers, they killed your ability to do anything properly.

Perhaps that's why Rayna tended to avoid drinking herself. During the night, when everyone was drinking and stumbling, having the time of their lives, they were vulnerable, a target. In the mornings, everything hurt. Just being in the daylight seemed like a task. Rayna's position already caused a lot of headaches; she didn't need to get drunk to cause more. Sure, she had a drink here and there, but getting wasted was never really one of her favorite hobbies. She was glad to hear Ryker had a decent night out though; almost all soldiers needed one, at least once and a while. "Glad to hear you had fun then." She said with a nod.

Rayna nodded when he said the money didn't mean much; she understood. She too had come from a wealthy family. Though they had cut her off ages ago, she had still lived that life, and it was not all that it had been hyped up to be. It was nothing but selfish people living in luxurious homes with expensive clothes. Rayna had resented that life, and much preferred her own as a soldier. At least then she was doing something with her life, unlike her own family.

She did smile when her promotion was brought up. Truly, she couldn't be happier with her life now. Despite the long hours and effort, she never once regretted going the path that she did. She did laugh at the joke he made though. Back in the days of the war, her cooking had been horrid; Rayna knew it. She had hated her position, and hadn't taken it seriously at all. She'd done an awful job with cooking. "Rest assured, my fighting and my cooking are two entirely different areas of expertise, my fighting definitely much better than my cooking." She assured him. Then he turned a bit more serious, and he did seem sincere in his congratulations on her promotion. "The reason behind my promotion is a hard thing to forget, I'm not surprised it's brought up quite often." She said, shaking her head. Truly, she wished she had more achievements they would focus on, but she didn't regret her actions. She had killed someone, violently and brutally; but if she had not done so, a lot more would have died. If that was what she remembered for, and if that was what gave her her promotion, so be it. Let it be the talk of the town. Rayna didn't, and never would regret her actions.

"Peace is indeed the better option; it doesn't hold the excitement and adrenaline rush of war, but I much prefer peace than the alternative." She agreed, nodding. She had plenty of work to do anyways. Training the newer recruits was never dull to her; though the fundraisers and dinners were a little much for her "Perhaps it is a bit dull, but it's much better than war. Besides, training newer recruits is always a long days work. It's best we have a line of soldiers lined up. We must always be prepared for the worst, even if we may not like to be."

+ tagryker/alice
+ notesI'm sorry this took forever. <3 Also sorry that there's word vomit.
BY MITZI
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Storybrooke Olympus Has Fallen le Rois Soleil Candyland Couture
PRAESIDIUM. Twilight Moments ACTA Riverdale Star Wars: The Saga Continues Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU Songs Remain The Same Shadowplay Topsites A marvel infinity war rp RoyalsandRebels /></a> 

</td></tr></table></div></center>

<!-- Copyright Information -->

<div align=